Sunday, August 16, 2009

Aftermath

Feeling inspired by the hero of Devil May Cry, I flipped a coin to decide whether or not I would visit Lisa. Heads, she would see me as soon as possible. Tails, I would remain at home for the duration of the evening. The coin soared through the air, slapped down on to my palm which hurriedly slammed it down onto my left hand. I stood still, a moments hesitation. I slowly began to move my hand away. Heads.

Rosalie's frustrated breathing as she drove me to the hospital sent irritation through my body. She has to drive me everywhere, so she frequently acts this way, but honestly, doesn't this seem a viable reason? I didn't say anything to her for fear she would turn the car around, but inside I wanted to scream at her.

The emergency ward was fairly quiet, save a patient nearby whining in pain. Lisa's mother was gone, talking to one of the nurses in private. As I knelt beside Lisa, our gazes locked, I held her right hand for comfort. We both knew we were heading into awkward territory, but neither backed down. Somewhere along the line, our faces came closer together. I could see a repeat of World Youth Day coming, but I still didn't back down. The memories of that night flew back, the feeling of those soft lips, until I realised it was happening for real. I pulled back suddenly. She seemed distracted, her response awkward.
"All this bleeding... its making everything taste like blood."
I nearlt laughed, if it werent for what I had just done. I explained that I didn't want to go out with her. I said I was more of a "hook up kinda guy." It felt terrible saying that. I couldn't stand pretending I was someone who disrespects women. I've only ever kissed two in my life, Courtney and Lisa. Maybe the pain killers had some mental effect, because she seemed dazed. He mother returned, and I took the first oppurtunity there was to bail. I doubt she realised the source of the bloodied taste, but it was too close for comfort. This is what happens when you listen to a coin. Gotta hate fate.

2 comments:

  1. haha....

    i really like your posts

    something you said made me like you too....i dunno what well anyway i love your blog..=)

    ReplyDelete